Beginning September 22, the Province of Ontario's proof of vaccination requirements will take effect.
View Provincial Proof of Vaccination Requirements
This means that all patrons entering Township recreation facilities must provide proof of full vaccination and an acceptable piece of ID.
Currently, these requirements do not apply for those entering the Township Office.
Patrons that are exempt from the proof of vaccination requirements are those:
- Who are under 12 years of age
- Who are under 18 years of age, and who are entering the indoor premises of a facility used for sports and recreational fitness solely for the purpose of actively participating in an organized sport, in accordance with the guidance published by the Ministry of Health on its website for the purpose of this provision
- Who provide a written document, completed by a physician or registered nurse which includes a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the effective time period for the medical reason
- Coaches and referees
The exemptions do not apply to youth who are spectators at sporting events.
An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
- Their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine was at least 14 days prior.
Acceptable Proof of Vaccination and ID:
- All Ontarians receiving a vaccine are provided a receipt at the time of vaccination. The receipt includes the individual's name, date of vaccination, and product name of the vaccine.
- You can also obtain a receipt online by visiting the Ontario COVID-19 Vaccination Service Website or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900
- Patrons will only have to provide proof of their final vaccination
- Validation of identification must also be undertaken to ensure that the vaccination receipt offered by the patron belongs to them. Valid identification: birth certificate, citizenship card, driver's licence, government-issued identification card, including health card, indigenous membership card, passport, permanent resident card.
Outdoor park facilities remain open to unvaccinated patrons.
Vaccine clinics are offered every weekday in Cornwall, and regularly in other Eastern Ontario communities. Find the next Eastern Ontario Health Unit COVID-19 vaccine clinic.