Commitment to Accessibility Planning
Improving accessibility is important for all residents of North Stormont. It is not only important, but it is the right thing to do given that approximately one in seven Ontarians have a disability or roughly 1.85 million people. This number will only increase as the population ages as currently 40% of those with disabilities in Ontario are over the age of 65. Therefore, the Township of North Stormont is committed to:
- Improving accessibility to buildings, facilities and services for persons with disabilities.
- Ensuring fair accessibility to employment opportunities within the Township.
- Ensuring quality services to all members of the community who live with disabilities.
- Ensuring the participation of people with disabilities in the development and review of its annual accessibility plans.
- Prepare an Action Plan to enable the Township into meeting its commitment to persons with disabilities insofar as the planning for improvements or renovations of its building and municipal installations as well as the employment policies
The Township of North Stormont's Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (PDF) outlines our approach to being an inclusive and accessible service provider and workplace. The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan for the Township of North Stormont shall be for a 5-year period beginning September 8, 2020 to September 8, 2025. In order to ensure that the targets established to address the removal of barriers are completed, annual reviews will be conducted by Municipal staff.
Election Accessibility Plan
The Election Accessibility Plan addresses the specific accessibility requirements in relation to the 2018 Municipal Election in the Township of North Stormont.
The Township of North Stormont has made great efforts in promoting a barrier-free community. In an effort to ensure that the 2018 Municipal Election is consistent with the core principles of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, this planning document was developed in advance of the election in order to identify measures to be taken and reported to Council following the election.
The full Election Accessibility Plan is available below.
Declaration of Elected Candidates