Photo of a bunch of papers

Planning Applications


A severance or consent is an application to subdivide a parcel of land to create a new lot or to add the severed portion to an adjacent property. In order to apply for a severance, it is mandatory that you meet with the Community Planner prior to applying at the United Counties.

Find out more information on applying for a severance.

Access the severance or consent application form

Plans of Subdivision

A Plan of Subdvision is required when three or more lots are being created through the subdivision of land and at least two of the lots are to be sold. A subdivision agreement is required between the developer and the municipality. Prior to an agreement, the developer will enter into a draft plan agreement, which lays out specific conditions that must be met prior to final approval of an agreement. Plans of Subdivision are applied for at the United Counties of SDG. Any person wishing to apply is encouraged to pre-consult with both the Township and the United Counties.

More information on Plans of Subdivision and to access the application.