VIRTUAL DIGITAL SERVICE SQUAD (VDSS)
- Our Virtual Digital Service Squad is a FREE resource for your business, helping you build your online presence and promote and sell successfully online. There is no fee for this service.
- Our VDSS members are trained specialists that help brick-and-mortar small businesses, like yours, adopt new technologies and embrace digital marketing. A VDSS member can provide you with one-on-one assistance for one or more of the following:
- a digital assessment of your business
- building a basic website
- improving your existing online presence through tools such as Google My Business and social media
- optimizing your website for search
- setting up a POS solution
- providing advice and recommendations to streamline your fundamental business operations (including back-office processes)
- finding local digital vendors for potential projects
- assisting with the $2,500 Digital Transformation Grant application
LET’S GET STARTED!
- When you connect with one of our Virtual Digital Service Squad members you can choose one or all of these options. To book an appointment with our squad visit
- Not sure where to start or what to do next? A 30-minute free discussion with a squad specialist will assess your business goals and identify where to start/continue with the digital transformation of your business.
- Work with a squad member to audit your digital footprint, a process that includes an extensive review of your online properties and recommendations on ways to enhance your website (if applicable), Google My Business listing, search ranking, social media presence, and more. The service includes additional consultation support to learn about and implement those recommendations.
Digital Transformation Grant
- Squad members will assist qualified brick-and-mortar small businesses through the application process for a $2,500 Digital Transformation Grant, which includes an online assessment, online training modules, and the development of a Digital Transformation Plan (DTP).
We are extending the Digital Main Street Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) application deadline to November 30, 2021 (or until all grant funds have been fully exhausted). As before, all approved grant recipients have until February 28, 2022 to spend their grant funds and submit their final report regardless of their grant agreement start date. Grant recipients can start their digital transformation work as soon as they sign back their grant agreement; they do not need to wait until they have received their grant funds to start spending against their Digital Transformation Plan budget.
So, if any local businesses need help applying for the DTG or would like assistance starting/continuing the digital transformation of their business, please click this link (https://obiaa.com/projects/digital-main-street-3/virtual-dss/) to schedule a virtual visit with one of the squad members who would be happy to address any questions about the DTG and transforming their business.